AFFORDABLE WORDPRESS TRAINING PERTH WA
Wordpress content management system (CMS) training Perth wide is an important
professional development choice for in the cloud web design Wordpress is
by far the world's most popular CMS. If you want to do web design as part
of your job it's recommended you get training in Wordpress. We've trained
Wordpress users in Perth. We love teaching beginner lessons in Wordpress.
The best things about our Wordpress training in Perth are
BENEFITS OF PERTH WORDPRESS TRAINING
- Build your website in Perth while being
trained in Wordpress in Perth. That's a cheap way of getting w free
website plus you'll never be dependent on web designers again.
- Small Wordpress training group on demand, usually one on one.
- 18 years experienced teacher, not just a geek who can't teach.
- Cheap Wordpress training @ $66 per hour
with even further discounted Perth Wordpress
- Staff of not-for-profit organisations
- More than one student per lesson.
- WA Seniors Card holders and Pensioners.
- People on the dole.
- Comprehensive Wordpress tainting Perth wide from start to finish.
- Hands on training at your pace.
BASIC WORDPRESS TRAINGING COURSE OUTLINE
- Why the right domain name is so important.
- Setting up your domain name to work with your website.
- Criteria for selecting a good web hosting provider:
- Processing speed/power.
- cPanel with Wordpress Intrallatron.
- Other features such as CDN if you want to attract international
- The least important site hosting consideration is price. We
hosing is useless if the site is crashed often and it has the power
of a pocket calculator.
- How to set-up Wordpress with a basic installation using Installatron.
- How to select a Wordpress theme suited to your website needs.
- Why it's important to use a lightweight Wordpress theme, especially
for Wordpress beginners. Where to download free lightweight Wordpress
- How to create a Wordpress page and consideration for choosing width
and columns. I reckon the less the better.
- How to use a Wordpress page builder like Elementor to add
content such as text, images, maps, videos, forms etc to a web page.
- How to backup your website incase you need it for disaster recovery.
- How to add and update Wordpress plugins such as Image optimisation
- How to add and use Wordpress plug-ins.
- Editing Wordpress dropdown menu.
- Adding a logo in the header.
Change permalinks to “Post Name” in Wordpress settings, it's
better for SEO than dirty URLs
In the Media Wordpress settings, untick “Organize my
uploads into month - and year-based folders”. (this makes it easier
to find images and links since all media will now be in one
Change Thumbnail Size (Optional) – The default Wordpress thumbnail
size of 150px by 150px is too small. 250px to 350px is better.
MORE ADVANCED WORDPRESS TRAINGING
- Editing the footer
- How to setup and use Yoast SEO.
- Disable Comments – Wordpress puts comments everywhere by default.
You don’t normally need them for your website)
- How to use a image optimisation plugin for decreased size of images
without decreasing the quality. This improves page load speed.
- Lightweight Wordpress slider Easing Slider by Matthew
Ruddy – If you insist on a slide show of photos, (though I don't
recommend it) usually in the header of your webpage.
- I prefer Ninja forms over Gravity forms or Contact
form 7 because it’s more completely set up from the start which means
you don’t need to spend as much time fiddling with settings that are
the same for most websites anyway.
- How to edit style sheets.
- If you collect sensitive/personal information on your site, how
to make your site more secure by invoking an SSL certificate.
- Wordpress redirection of pages eg from http to https